Saturday, March 6, 2010

Take It Easy Chapter 27

Just a quick note before the update. I just saw that the comment that was left on the last chapter and I had to laugh. The honest truth is that I'm really not that much of a Patrick Kane fan in real life. I can admit that he is a great hockey player and he is amazing to see play in person but other than that he just doesn't really do anything for me. I am on the other hand a huge Burish fan dating back to his days playing for the Badgers. I had the opportunity to meet him several times in his college days and he was always very nice and funny and because of that I will always be a fan no matter what jersey he wears. In all honesty I have no idea how this story turned out the way that it did. I woke one morning and had the idea for the first chapter over a year ago and I am not one of those writers that plans out a story for so many chapters before I start typing them out. Because of that I usually have no idea where I am going with a story until I start typing and I can say that sometimes even I am surprised by what my fingers type. But anyways I'm going to try to update this story more often. Hope you continue to like it and always feel free to let me know what you think good or bad.











We made our way back to the house after promising the guys that I would bring AJ to more games. I played with my phone and thought about calling Sharpie to see how bad it was but I didn't want to cause anymore problems. Patrick knew that I was worried and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before we climbed out of the car. After we got everything inside I put AJ down for the night and went down to the living room.


" She's one of your best friends. She will come around. It just might take some time." Patrick said after I glanced at my phone for what seemed like the thousandth time

" I don't know Patrick. You should have seen her. I've never seen her so upset before."

" It happened before they got back togeather and it's not like it was serious."

He was telling me things that I already knew and it was pissing me off a little bit. It didn't matter if we knew that, she didn't and I honestly could say that I wouldn't blame her if she never talked to me again. I got off the couch and decided that I needed to have my say in the matter and if that was what she decided to do than there was nothing that I could do about it.


" Where are you going?"

" I'm going over to Sharpies and explaining myself to Anna."

" Do you think that's a good idea?"


" Probably not but she needs to hear what happened and than if she still won't talk to me than there isn't anything I can do about it."


I got into the car and drove the short distance to Sharpie's house. I almost lost my nerve when I went to knock and stepped back to take a deep breath to calm myself. I finally knocked and had to wait a minute before Sharpie finally anwsered the door. I didn't need to ask him how things were, the look on his face told me everything that I needed to know.


" Can I come in? I have to talk to her."

" Be my guest, but I can guareentee that she won't listen."

" That's fine. Where is she?"

" Upstairs in the bedroom."

He stepped aside to let me in and I headed up to the bedroom. My heart sank when I peeked in and saw all of the clothes strewn around the room along with several bags.


" Anna, I really need to talk to you." I said

" What the hell do you want?" she whispered.

I came in and sat on the bed next to where she was standing.


" I know that it wasn't right not to tell you about what had happened but I agreed because I didn't want things to be weird between us and I didn't think that you were going to become such a good friend to me."

She sniffed and wiped at her face.

" It didn't bother me at all when it was some nameless girl. I mean it's not like he cheated on me, we weren't together and that was my fault. I guess it was just a shock to find out it was you."

" I really hope that you don't leave. Patrick is a really good guy and I know without a doubt that he loves you."

" I know. I guess I just reacted without thinking things through. I really don't want to leave."


She finally looked at me for the first time since I had walked in the room

" I'm going to need time to deal with this."


" I know. Please just know that I'll wait for however long you need me too. You're to important for me to lose as a friend."


She nodded her head and got up and started to pick up everything off the floor. I took this as my cue to leave. Sharpie was sitting on the couch when I came downstairs. I told him that she wasn't going to leave but that it was probably a good idea if we stayed away from each other for at least a little while. He looked sad but agreed. Even after our little fling had ended he had always been a good friend but it was for the best.

The next couple of weeks went by slowly and I hated it. There were several times when I found myself picking up my phone to call Anna to tell her about something that happened or just to talk and then I would remember that she wasn't speaking to me and it killed me. I spent most of my time with Karri and I knew without her telling me that she felt like she was being pulled between the both of us, even though that wasn't either of our intentions. It was time to fly to New York to see about getting a dress and as much as I was hoping she would show up I wasn't counting on it. My mom, AJ and I were picked up by Karri so we could catch our flight out of O'Hara. We would be meeting everyone else at the hotel later that day. The flight was uneventful considering I was flying with the baby for the first time. We made it into JFK and after getting our luggage we were met by a driver and limo that would be taking us wherever we needed to go. We dropped everything off and picked up Patrick's mom and sisters and went directly to the first store. It didn't take me long to get annoyed, even though I tried not to show it. By the third store I had stopped counting the number of horribly over-priced pieces of fabric that I had already tried on. The rest of the women seemed oblivious to my pain as they threw dresses at me. I wandered off as they talked and went to a rack of dresses that were hanging in the corner. I started to aimlessly rifle through them not really looking when my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and was surprised to see that it was Sharpie.





" Hey." I said as I flipped open my phone wondering why he would be calling me after everything that happened.





" Hi. I was wondering if you had a minute to talk,"





" Yeah sure. What's up?"





" It's Anna. She feels horrible about the way that she treated you but she is afraid that you don't want to talk to her."





" Really?" I asked trying not to sound to hopeful





" Yeah she really misses you."




" How is everything between you too?" I asked hoping that it was getting better



" It's better. I think that after you talked to her she calmed down she came and talked to me and I think that we are working at it.

I let out a sigh of relief. I was so happy that they were working their way to being better.

" I think that Kaner talking to her really helped to."

" He did?" Patrick had never mentioned it

" Um yeah he did. I guess he explained why it he didn't see it as a big deal and that helped her realize that if he could get past it that she should to."

" That's great Sharpie. Please can you tell her that I'm not mad and that she can call me anytime that she's ready?"

" Yeah I can do that. I'll see you later at the game?"

" Yep. I'll be there with everyone else to cheer my favorite guys on."

We said our goodbyes and I hung up feeling happier than I had in awhile. It made the rest of the day fly by more quickly and even though I didn't find anything that I liked in dressed the rest of the girls picked out their bridesmaid dresses so at least something got accomplished. I was getting tired and the baby was getting fusy so I went back to the hotel with the intentions of the both of us taking a nap but that ended up not happening.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get your whole not being a real patrick kane fan (which surprised me since this story is about him lol). I'm not really either, I find it hard to get past the whole "20 cents" incident ;)

    i'm glad that Anna seems to be coming around. I can't totally blame her for her reaction though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with EHisCDN... I'm glad that Anna is coming around. I know it was a shock to her, but it's a shame to lose such a close friend. I'm also kind of curious about Patrick talking to Anna, but not mentioning it to Mel.

    And, way to leave it on a cliffhanger, haha. I wonder what happened that they were unable to take that nap....

    ReplyDelete