Monday, September 14, 2009

Kissing fool Chapter 6




I ran out of work and jumped into my car. I had already packed my bag the night before so I could just leave right from work. I made my way to the city and I was impressed by how pretty the city looked decorated for christmas. I called Sharpie when I was ten minutes away to make sure that I didn't get lost and I finally pulled up in front of his house. I smiled and decided to leave my small suitcase in the car for the time being. I walked up and knocked on the door and grinned even wider as Sharpie opened the door wearing a tight pair of jeans and nothing else. He pulled me inside and didn't say anything as his lips came down to mine. All of my breath left me as he assualted my lips and moved down to the spot on my neck that made me moan. He grabbed my hand and led me to the bedroom. He stripped me out of my clothes and went to push me on the bed. The look on his face was priceless as I reversed our positions and I was the one shoving him on the bed. I crawled over his legs and and straddled his hips. He let out a groan as I rotated my hips in small circles on the front of his jeans. I leaned down and kissed him, not stopping until I needed air. I kissed my way down his chest and stomach and I could tell he had enough of my teasing and I unzipped his jeans and took him in my mouth. His hand found there way to my hair and he thrust his hips up in time to the motions of my mouth. It only took a few minutes and he was pulling me off of him.




" Babe you need to stop or I'm gonna cum."




I knew that I wanted to feel him inside of me and I crawled back up to his waist. I straddled him once again and I held him as I lowered myself down on him. I set a quick pace and he helped by gripping my hips and thrusting up into me. I leaned back and put my hands on his thighs for a different angle. I could immediatly feel him hitting my g spot and after a few thrust I went over the edge. I almost screamed as I orgasimed and he came a few seconds later with a loud moan of his own. I laid my head on his sweaty chest and tried to catch my breath while he stroked my hair. Finally after a little while I was able to crawl off and slide next to him.




" Sorry for not saying Hi." he murmered into my hair




" Are you kidding me. You have my full permission to greet me like that anytime."




" Good to know."




I was so tired from work and the drive that I couldn't help but to drift off to sleep.




I woke the next morning and found Sharpie downstairs cooking in nothing but a pair of boxers. I sat on a chair that was by the island in his kitchen and enjoyed the view. I knew that he knew I was there, there was no way that he didn't hear me but he ignored me and kept shaking that fine ass of his as he stired something in a frying pan.




" Good Morning. I thought you'd be hungry so I am making some hashbrowns and eggs."




" Looks good."




" You know if the whole hockey thing doesn't work out for you you could always become a personal chef. As long as you cooked like that all the time it really wouldn't matter what the food tasted like."




" I'll keep that in mind."



The guys had a game so I kept Sharpie company as he went about his routine of eating and sleeping. I laid down with him while he napped, but I couldn't sleep. Not wanting to bother Sharpie I snuck out of bed and went back downstairs. I noticed that I had a new text message on my phone that I must have missed. I was surprised to see it was from Kaner.



" Hey just seeing what you were up to. Couldn't nap"



The message was from a little while ago but I decided to text him back to see if he was still awake.



" Not much. Hanging out with Sharpie. U?"



" Not much. Somethings been bothering me."



" Really? What?"



" Tina"



I contemplated what I should reply with. I didn't want to get involved with anything to do with her becasue anything bad that might happen would be blamed on me, even if it wasn't deserved.



But that being said I really did want to help him and make him feel better if I could



" Can I call you?"



" Sure"



I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. When he did I could hear the tension in his voice.



" Kaner, what's wrong?"



" Tina and I have been fighting alot and it's really starting to wear on me?"



" What's do you guys fight about?"



" I don't know, stupid things. She is always making me feel bad about leaving for away games and for the charity work I do and in order to make it better I have to spend money on her. I'm really just sick of it."



I could hear the frustration and anger in his voice the more he explained his situation.



" The worst part is that I am positive she is cheating on me."



My heart broke for him and I couldn't believe that she would even entertain doing something like that to him.



" Kaner you don't need me to tell you what to do. You are a great guy that deserves so much better than that skanky puckbunny could ever give you. She gives nothing back in your relationship and it's high time that you found someone who did."



" Mel it's not that easy. Most of the girls that throw themselves at me are exactly the same and I don't want one random one night stand after another."



" You'll find her Kaner, I promise. It just might take some time and patience."



I heard him mumble something that I could have swore sounded like I already found her but before I could ask him to repeat himself I heard a voice in the backround and he quickly excused himself and hung up. I shook my head at my phone and went back to watching t.v.



A little while later Sharpie got up and got ready for the game againt the Columbus BlueJackets.



I fixed his tie and smoothed it down before we walked out the door and headed to the arena. We got there and I quickly went to the locker room to see my boys. I was extremely embarressed as I entered the room to catcalls and the guys hollering my new " Nickname" and someone yelling about Sharpie needing a rabies shot. After a few minutes they all finally settled down and I made my way over to Kaner, who was sitting in his stall.



" Hey Kaner. Are you feeling any better since we talked last?"



" Not really, but you are right, I really do need to end things with her. Love should't make you this miserable."



" I think that it shouldn't be easy but at the same time both people should put effort in to it and that is clearly not the case."



He sighed and didn't say anything.



" I'll still be your friend no matter what you decide to do okay."



He looked so upset that I couldn't resist the urge to pull him into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my shoulder. He smelt nice, a combination of cologne and something else that I couldn't exactly describe. I suddenly realized that we had been hugging for way to long and I suddenly pulled away. He was still wearing that sad look on his face but this time I couldn't help but think that I had something to do with this one. I gave him a weak smile and got up to go see my Adam.



The game seemed to fly by and the managed to pull out an overtime win. Kaner had played like shit and I could only guess that it was due to the situation that he found himself in. I waited in the lounge and I saw Tina waiting for Kaner and I just wanted to go over and shake the shit out of her to try to make her understand what she had. Instead I choose the next best option and ignored her. My guys finally came out and I was glad we were able to leave before I had to see Kaner interact with the evil that was making him so unhappy. Adam went to get Karri and they met us back at Sharpie's place to eat pizza and watch movies. I had to admit that she seemed like a really great girl, not at all like the puckbunnies he had messed around with before. We bonded over ganging up on the guys and pointing out their flaws so their egos wouldn't get to big.



She was twenty-five and was currently going to nursing school which also got her huge points in my book. We ended up telling the both of them to go home because they were all but having sex on the end of the couch. I was happy that my best friend had finally found someone that seemed like his match. They both said goodbye and practically ran out the door.



" Someone's getting laid tonight." I commented giggling



" Hopefully he won't be the only one." he whispered suggestivly in my ear.



He kissed me and grabbed my hand and led me to the room that I was getting to know very well.



Afterwards as we laid there I couldn't help but to think of Kaner. Sharpie must have sensed something was up because he commented that it seemed like I was off in my own little world. I explained the situation and how much it pissed me off to see someone like Tina hurting someone that I considered a friend.



" Babe, he has to do this on his own time. Tina is his first serious girlfriend and no matter how horrible the relationship is, that's hard to let go off.



" I know, trust me."



He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes and I felt that I could trust him enough to tell him my story.



" There was this guy in college, Derrick. We met at freshman orientation. He was sweet, funny and basically the first guy that treated me like a women and not one of the boys. We started to hang out and that quickly turned into a romantic relationship. Everything was great at first until one night almost six months after we had started dating. We were at a party that his frat was holding. We were up in his room messing around and I didn't want to go any further then we already were and he decided that me saying no meant yes. He forced himself on me and didn't think anything about it. After that things just got worse. He would tell me that I was stupid and fat and other things like that to bring me down. After a year and a half it finally got to the point of physical abuse. I tried to break up with him and when I went to get my stuff me punched me in the face and told me that I wasn't going to leave unless it was on a stretcer. I ran and I went to the only place I could think of, which was Adam's dorm room. He took one look at my face and called the cops. He sat with me the whole night while I gave my statement and gave me a shoulder to cry on even though he had a game the next night. He pretty much saved me at one of the lowest points in my entire life. Without him I am pretty sure that I would have ended up slitting my wrist or something equally bad."



" I'm sorry."



I hadn't thought about that part of my life in any amount of detail in a long time and I was surprised to find tears leaking out of my eyes.



" It's okay. As horrible as it was, it made me a stronger person in the end."



He pulled me tight against him and rubbed my back and I did find it comforting.



" He was an idiot not to see how lucky he was to have you."



" Thanks Sharpie."



The next morning we fell into what was becoming our routine with him making breakfast for me and hanging out. It was finally time for the party and we got ready and left. I was relieved to see a bunch of cars already out front and I wasn't as nervous as we walked in. We both greeted everyone and was informed that Kaner and Tina were in the kitchen and that we should help ourselves to drinks and snacks. Sharpie put a hand on my lower back and gently pushed me in the direction of the kitchen. As we went through the doorway I was stopped in my tracks by what I saw. Kaner had Tina up on the counter and was between her legs and they were making out like a couple of horny teenagers. I could feel my blood preassure rise as I took in the scene. What a asshole. How dare he call and conplain to me when he obviously didn't feel the way he said he did. He probably had a good laugh at my expense after I poured my heart out to him. I knew then that I was going to need a copious amount of alcohol if I was going to make it through the night without choking someone. The bottles of alcohol were sitting out on the counter right next to them and I grabbed a cup and walked up to where they were. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to find Sharpie looking at me.


" What do you want to drink baby?" I asked pasting a fake smile on my face


He rasied his eyebrows at me when I called him baby but he told me that he would take whatever I was drinking. At this point Kaner and Tina had stopped sucking face long enough to acknowlede that we were in the room. I couldn't even look him in the eyes I was so angry at him. I mumbled something about needing to see if Adam had shown up and I walked back out to the living room and sat on the couch, where Sharpie and Dave Bolland joined me. Adam and Karri arrived a little while later and the booze really started to flow. We ordered several large pizzas and soon everyone that had brought a girlfriend or a date started to pair off. I watched as Tina climbed into Kaners lap and started to kiss him. I could feel my temper rising again and more surprisingly I felt a tinge of jealousy course through me. Fuck this. I could play this messed up little game too. I all but jumped on Sharpie, who didn't seem resistant in the least. I pulled him down and kissed him as hard as I could. My hands made their way up his shirt so I could rub my fingers along the muscles in his chest. He pressed me back into the arm of the couch and I turned my head to let him get at my neck. My eyes met Kaners and I swore I saw the same jealousy in his eyes that I had experienced. I smirked at him and continued to enjoy Sharpie's mouth on my skin as we stared at each other. I let out a small moan as he sucked at my neck and I was happy to see Kaner push Tina off of him and announce to everyone that he was going to bed and that everyone who wanted to stay was welcome to. Tina rushed off after him and it made me a little sick to think of them having sex, even if it was his house. I distracted Sharpie by telling him that I had to go to the bathroom. As soon as the door closed behind me I started to cry. I turned on the water in the sink so that no one would hear me and I sat on the edge of the tub for a few minutes until I was done. I stood up and went to splash some water on my face and realized that I was much drunker than I thought I had been. I dried off my face and opened the door just to walk straight into someone. I stumbled and almost fell over, except a hand caught my elbow before I could. I looked up and saw that I was standing pressed up against Kaner. He looked at me with an unreadable look in his eyes and I found myself doing the stupidest thing that I could possibly do. I reached up and put my arm around his neck and kissed him. It was the most intense kiss I had ever experienced and my body reacted accordingly. He pulled me even closer and my hands tightened in his curls. My brain finally clicked on and I pushed him away.


" I'm sorry that I did that. I had no right. You should get back to Tina." I whispered quietly.


" Yeah your probably right." he sighed and ran his fingers through his curls.


I promised myself that I wouldn't cry in front of him and I managed not to as I watched him walk to the end of the hall and disappear behind the door. I made my way back to the living room and Sharpie was there waiting for me. He didn't seem to notice anything was wrong and he pulled me against him and tried to continue what I had started.

" I'm sorry but I'm really not feeling well."

" That's alright. If you want we can crash in one of Kaner's extra rooms. I don't think he'll care."

The last thing that I wanted to do was have to wake up and face anyone in this house, but we both had to much to drink and there was no way we were going anywhere.

" yeah I guess that would be fine." I sighed.

He led me to a room that was across from what I assumed was Patricks bedroom and we both quickly passed out.

The next morning I woke early and instantly tried to flee as I remembered everything that had happened. I tried to wake Sharpie up but it wasn't even begining t0 happen. I grunted in frustration and decided that I was going to stay in here until he woke up because I was not going out there alone. I waited for what seemed like forever and all of a sudden I felt the overwhelming urge to pee. I knew that there was no way I was going to hold it for more than a few minutes so I threw on my pants and the nearest shirt and and dashed out. I almost ran into the person that I wanted to see the least as he happened to step out of his bedroom at the same time.

Mel, we gotta..."

" Not now Patrick, Where's the bathroom?"

He had a amused grin on his face as I did what I would like to think of as a very adult version of the pee dance. He told me where it was and I made a mad dash and let out a noise of relief as I was able to finally go. When I finished I didn't know what to do. I really wanted to go lie back down but at the same time I would probably run into Kaner and I really didn't want to have a conversation about what had occured. After contemplating for a few minutes and not coming up with any other acceptable soultion I decided to suck it up and deal with whatever it was that was going to happen. I walked into the kitchen and Kaner was sitting there in a pair of sweats with a cup of orange juice and a muffin. We looked at each other and offered me a glass of milk. We sat in akward silence for a few minutes before we both spoke at the same time

" Mel....."

" Kaner.... "

" Go ahead Patrick'

" Are you in love with Sharpie?"

I was surprised by the question and I knew what my immediate anwser was but I took a minute to sort through my feeling. Sure he was cute and funny and lord knows the sex is amazing but as much as I cared about him I knew that I didn't love him. If anythingI was using him to make my dull life something more and even though we agreed to nothing serious it still wasn't fair to him.

I shook my head no and he seemed releaved but didn't say anything else.

He went and put his cup in the sink and when he turned around I barely heard what he said since he was being so quiet.

" Just so you know, even though the situation is messed up I don't regret that kiss last night, not for a second."

my heart caught in my throat and it was my turn to not do more than nod. He turned around and went to the living room, leaving me to my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Kaner, you can't just say things like that and not expect to have some effect on Mel. I feel sorry for Sharpie - he's such a sweetie and I don't want him to get hurt by all of this.

    ReplyDelete