Monday, September 14, 2009

Work and the Hawks chapter 5

The next day I groaned as my phone went off. Since I had to work on call this weekend I had the day off and I hadn't planned on getting up early. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and flipped it open to find a text from Kaner.
" Adam said you're coming to my party in a couple weeks. Are you?"
" K, it's 8 in the morning and yes unless something happens I'll be there"
" Sorry. Bur said you were usually up early and I'm glad you are coming."
" Usually but didn't have to work. And I am excited too. I had fun hanging out before."
" Even with all the drama?"
" Yeah that part wasn't fun but it was as much my fault as anybodys"
" It won't happen again I promise."
" I trust you. I wouldn't be willing to come otherwise."
" Good. Gotta go early practice. Ttyl?
" Yep"
I clicked my phone shut and I threw it back on the nightstand. I was still exhausted so I threw my arm over my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. No matter what I tried I kept picturing a blond curly haired man with a cocky grin. I ended up getting frusterated and I finally decided to drag myself out of bed and into the shower. I was washing my hair when my mind started to wander again and I started to think about what was under all that hockey gear and clothing. I mean he wasn't that big for a guy much less a hockey player but he was a professional athlete so I imagined that he was more muscular than he looked. As my mind started to drift off into an even more dirty direction I shook my head and quickly got out and ready. I knew that I was going to have to find something pretty major to distract myself with. After thinking about it for a little while I decided to go to the public library to grab some books. I had always loved to read but since I was so busy with work I didn't really the time anymore. Even though it was cold, it was a nice day so I bundled up and made my was to the huge public library. Once there I found several books that I had been meaning to read and I curled up in one of the huge overstuffed and started to read. I was so into the book that I was reading that I didn't even realize how much time had passed until my stomach started growling. I had missed lunch and it was almost four o'clock and I was starving so I grabbed my books and went to a little that was nearby.
I bought a sandwhich and a drink and sat down at a table. I went to check my phone and realized that in my hurry to get out of my house that I must have left it on the nightstand. I made my way home and the first thing that I did when I got in was check my phone. I saw that I had two missed phone calls, both from Sharpe. I sat on the edge of my bed and dialed his number.
" Hey sexy. I was begining to think you were avoiding me"
" Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I had left my phone at home."
" No problem babe. I heard you might be coming down in a couple of weeks and I was calling to see if you wanted to get together sometime over the weekend."
' Yeah definitly. I am probably going to come down friday night and stay the weekend again."
" If you want you can stay here with me. Adam's been pretty busy with his new women so I don't think he will mind."
" He is still seeing that girl. He didn't say anything to me." I knew I sounded hurt but he was suppose to be my best friend.
" Don't be mad. He was planning on you meeting her at the game. I think he is just freaked out by the fact that this one may be more than just a piece of ass. Believe me. Nobody's opinion matters more than yours.
" You better be right. If I don't meet this girl when I come up I am raising holy hell."
" Alright cujo, settle down."
" Ugg, not you too. And for the record it's not like you were conplaining when it was happening."
" Like I could forget" I could hear the grin in his voice and I knew I was going to have to get off the phone fast as hot as I was getting.
" I have some cleaning I have to do so I'm going to let you go."
" Alright sexy I'll be thinking about you."
I felt a shiver go up my spine and a low tug in my stomach.
" Fuck. what have I gotten myself into." I thought to myself. I could already tell that as much as I didn't want drama that I would probably be getting it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment