Thursday, December 3, 2009

Honesty Is The Best Policy Chapter 14

I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw. My face looked horrible. I was all puffy and my make-up was all over the place. I found a wash cloth and wiped my face. It helped me feel a little better but I still wasn't ready to come out. I sat on the toilet and put my face in my hands. I should have known better than to uproot my whole life to come down here. It hadn't even been a full two days and things were already messed up. There was a light knock on the door and I heard Karri asking if she could come in. I told her it was okay and she came in and sat on the edge of the tub.

" Patrick is in the living room waiting for you when you feel ready"

"I nodded my head and didn't say anything, afraid I was going to start crying again.

" Just listen to what he has to say and if you need anything Adam and I will be upstairs okay."


She got up and went to leave.

" Karri."

" Yeah?"

" Thanks for everything."


" You'd do the same for me" she said with a smile as she came over and gave me a hug



She left and I knew that I shouldn't put of the conversation that was about to happen. I took a deep breath to steady myself and walked out to the living room. He was standing by the couch and he looked just as bad as I did. He ran his fingers through already messy hair and took a step towards me. I held up my hand to stop him. The last thing I wanted was for him to be close to me. I wouldn't be able to think clearly if I let that happen.


" Just tell me what happened Patrick."

" I went to the bathroom like I told you. Tina must have followed me. Before I even knew what was happening she had me pinned up against the wall by the bathroom. " He had started to pace and I could tell he was agitated by what he was telling me


" She started to go on about how much she missed me and that she would change if I gave her another chance. I told her she was crazy and that I was a hundred times happier with you than I had ever been with her. I didn't think she was going to kiss me."


" Why didn't you push her away?" I asked softly not able to look him in the eyes


After everything that happened last summer I didn't want to cause a scene. After she kissed me I did push her away though.


I crossed my arms over my chest and thought about what he had told me. He looked absoluetly miserable and every fiber of my being told me he was telling the truth. I was still mad but I knew that he was right about not causing a scene. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He buried his face in my shoulder and let out an audible sigh of relief.


" I'm sorry. We should have left when she showed and none of this would have happened."

I pulled away and looked at him.


" It isn't your fault, but what can we do? I can deal with all of the crazy fans but I'm not sure that I can keep dealing with her.


" I don't know. Pat my agent is going to be at the game and I'll see what he says. If it's any consolation Buf and Duncs chewed Alexa and Lauri out when they found out what happened. They were both pretty pissed when they found out what they had done."


" Really?" I asked feeling better


" Yeah you should have seen it. They both started to cry. "

" Does it make me a horrible person to say that hearing that makes me really happy?"

" In this case no it doesn't. Let's go home and we can try to figure things out later."

" Okay, but give me a minute. I'll be right back."


He let go of me and I quickly made my way upstairs. The door to Adams room was closed but I didn't hear any noise so I figured it was safe to knock. I heard a voice telling me to come in and I opened the door and peeked my head in


" I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be heading home."

" Everything all right?" Adam asked as he got up and opened the door wider

" We have to figure some things out but yeah everything is okay."

" Damn and here I was hoping to get that threesome I've been fantasizing about all of these years." he joked as he pulled me into a hug.

" In your dreams you pig." Karri started to laugh behind me

" I may be a pig but you both love me anyways." he said with a knowing smile

" It is one of your many charms." I agreed

" Go home and have hot kinky make up sex and be happy. Will you be at the game tomorrow?"

" Yeah. I don't start work until next monday so I will be at the next couple of games."

" I'll see you tomorrow then."

" Alright. Night guys and thanks for everything"

I went downstairs and we got in the suv to leave. He grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

" Are you sure we are alright? Your being awfully quiet." he asked with a slight hint of worry in his voice


" Yeah babe I'm sure. I'm just exhausted from all of the emotional stuff that happened tonight."


He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed the back of it.


" Your mother told me to take care of you." he said seemingly out of nowhere

" What?" I asked

" You wanted to know what your mom said to me the day we met. That was it. She made me promise to look out for you and take care of you and I told her that I already planned on it."


" Oh" I whispered

We finally pulled into the drive and got out of the car. We went straight to the bedroom and I immediately went to the bathroom to wash my face and change. When I came out he was stripped down and laying on top of the covers. He seemed deep in thought and didn't notice that I was standing there. I went over and jumped on the bed and laid my head on his bare chest. I tried to stifle the yawn but I wasn't succesful.


" What's going on tomorrow." I asked to make sure that I knew what to expect as this was my first game day since I came down


" I have morning skate, then I come home and eat and then take my nap. I like to get to the arena a couple of hours early so I can take care of my sticks and get focused."

" I hope I don't get in the way of your routine. I know that game against the Pens is a big deal for you guys."

" Yeah it is. They are a good team and if we can beat them maybe we can make people believe that we really have a shot at the cup this year."


" I have faith in you."

" Thanks baby."

He pulled my face up to his and kissed me. As tired as I was I couldn't help but deepen the kiss. He rolled us both over so that he was on top of me. His hand roamed up under my shirt and pinched my already hard nipple. I let out a small moan as he kissed his way from my neck down to my collar bone.

" Are you sure about this? We don't have to do anything if you don't want to." he asked me quietly


Instead of responding with words I pulled his mouth back to mine and kissed him to let him know that I was more then fine with it. He kissed me slowly, and it was driving me insane. I let him pull off my clothes and I helped him out of his boxers. He pushed me down and took control and I was more than happy to let him. He grabbed my arms by the wrist and pulled them above my head while he attacked my neck. He sucked my skin into his mouth and I knew that it was going to leave one hell of a mark but the sensations that were coursing through my body caused me to not care. He nudged my legs apart and I obliged, wrapping my ankles around his waist. He entered me with one swift motion, causing me to practically scream his name. At the pace we were going it didn't take either of us very long to fall over the edge together. He let go of my wrists and slid his sweaty body off of mine after giving me a kiss. He grabbed by the waist and mumbled an I love you, which I quietly returned and watched in amazment as he immediately fell asleep. I curled into him and tried to do the same but my mind was in overdrive. I really wanted to impress his agent mostly because I knew that his opinions were only outweighed by his family's. I let out a soft sigh and tried to relax. If I could get his parents to like me, this man shouldn't be that hard to impress right?














































No comments:

Post a Comment