Sunday, January 3, 2010

Liar, Liar Chapter nineteen

I woke up early the next day and even though it was early I decided to call. He still wasn't anwsering his phone so I called Tazer to see what was going on. He anwsered his phone after a couple of rings.

" Hey Taze. Is Patrick around? I haven't heard from him since you guys went out last night and I am kind of worried."

He pulled his mouth away from the phone and say something and the voice that responded sounded distinctly female. I couldn't believe that captain serious had picked himself up a girl at the bar. I couldn't resist the opportunity to give him crap about it.

" Jonathan Toews. I can't believe that you took advantage of some young innocent girl. I thought your mother raised you better than that." I tried to keep my tone of voice serious but I couldn't hold in the laugh.

" What are you talking about?" he asked sounding confused

" So you're telling me that I imagined the female voice that I just heard in the backround?"

" Oh. I was really hoping that you didn't hear that."

The poor guy sounded guilty and embarresed so I decided to leave it alone. After all even the most serious, responsible guy had to let loose every once in awhile.



" I'm pretty sure that Patrick passed out in Madden's room last night. I'll head over there and tell him to call you."

" Thanks Taze. I appreciate it."



He mumbled something that I didn't quite catch and hung up the phone. I started on my day and waited for him to call. When he finally did I was ready to chew his ass but I softned when I heard how crappy he sounded.

" Too much fun last night babe?"

" If I told you that I just wanted to lie and bed and die would that anwser your question?" he responded with a groan

" Poor baby. You better do well at pratice today or coach q is going to have your ass."

" I know. Babe I know that we have only been talking for a few minutes but I really would like to rest so I don't completely suck ass at practice. I'll call you later?"

" You better."

" Mel?

" Yeah Patrick."

" I just wanted to let you know that no matter what, I'll always love you."

" Love you to. Now go recover from your hangover drunkboy."

Man I couldn't wait until they got back

No comments:

Post a Comment