Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rings And Other Things Chapter 25

So this one is really short. I think that this is going to be ending in another chapter or two at the most. I really can't think of to many more places that I can take it and I don't want to draw it out. Thanks everyone for the support



" Come on we really need to get up. I have to get dinner started and Adam and Karri are going to be here in a little while"



" I'm not moving. I comfortable." He mumbled into my shoulder where his head was laying



" Come on. I have to get dinner started or our guest are going to be eating take out and that's not what I promised them."




He finally relented as I pushed him off of me and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. By the time I was done I had just enough time to get everything ready and in the oven. I had taken my ring off and sat it on the counter so it wouldn't get food all over it. I was putting the finishing touches on some homemade garlic bread when I heard the doorbell ring. I heard some voices and Adam came into the kitchen.



"Smells good in here." He commented



" I know. What else did you expect?" I asked him as I wiped my hands on a towel.



" I don't know. The horrible smell of food that has been burnt."



I tried to smack him with the towel but he jumped out of my reach. He put his hand on the counter and almost knocked my ring on the floor. I yelped and pushed him out of the way to grab it. I put it back on my finger and looked at him sheepishly.



" I always knew that deep down you were a typical girl. So you two finally decided to get married huh? It's about damn time."



" Yeah I realized that there isn't any place that I would rather be."



" I have something to show you but you have to swear that you won't say anything."



" Umm okay."



He gave me a sly smile as he pulled a box out of his jacket pocket and handed it to me. I tried not to let out a girly squeel when I grabbed it out of his hand to look at it. It was a beautiful and not at all like I expected.



" When are you going to ask?" I said a little too loudly



" Shh. She graduates with her nursing degree in June so I figured that I would ask her after that."



I handed him back the the box and pulled him into a tight hug.



" Hey what's going on?" Karri asked as she came in with AJ on her hip



I glanced up at Adam and let him go as I held up my hand so she could see the ring. Again there was more yelling and Adam took Aj out of her arms.



" Let's go find your daddy, buddy. There is way to much estrogen in this room right now."



They left and we started to talk about possible wedding plans. We hadn't even set a date but I had to assume that it was going to be sometime in the offseason, since there wouldn't be time at any other point of the year. She picked up my hand and stared at the ring with a wistful look on her face. I wrapped my fingers around hers and gave her a reassuring squeeze.



" He loves you."



" I know." she replied with a sigh." It just seems like everyone I know is engaged and I have been planning my wedding since I was a little girl."



" Don't worry. If I know anything about that man when he sets his mind to something he sees it through."



We got dinner finished and and had a nice meal. After they left and everything was cleaned up we made a few calls to our families to let everyone know that they would have a wedding to attend.













No comments:

Post a Comment